Freerotation is an intimate annual electronic music party held in Baskerville Hall, near Hay-on-Wye, which developed from a musician’s free-party collective in the early 2000s.
Freerotation is run on a ‘not for profit’ basis, and is also a networking event for the artists who are performing. Freerotation is not advertised and we do not have any sponsorship.
You must be a member to buy a ticket for Freerotation, due to limited capacity of the venue. You must be invited by an existing member to join Freerotation. This limitation is due to the already over-subscribed membership.
Q - How do I buy a ticket for Freerotation ?
A - You must be a member to apply for a ticket to Freerotation. Tickets are sold to members in small batches between December and May Each batch is sold to groups based on the number of times they've attended Freerotation. If the number of applications exceeds the venue capacity, later rounds are decided by lottery. Members can find all the info they need to apply for a ticket in the Members Area of the website.
Q – How do i become a member of Freerotation ?
A – You must be invited by an existing member to join Freerotation. This is possible only on one day each year in April (announced in advance), and due to the large numbers of applicants this is decided by lottery.
Q – Can I rent a room in Baskerville Hall ?
A – No, although we do have a very limit number of bunkrooms to rent, but these are usually already taken by people who have been renting them for a long time. If any rooms become available, they will be advertised in the Members Area.
Yurts and Bell tents are available to hire from Fred’s Yurts.
Q – Ive been to Freerotation 2 times but my girlfriend / boyfriend has only been once before, can i buy a ticket for her / him ?
A – No, but you can put her / his name into the appropriate ‘Partners Username’ box on the ticket application form when you apply for your ticket, and this will be taken into account when she / he applies in the later round.
We want to do everything we can to care for our environment, each other, and all living beings.
We aim to do this in various ways:
* We are working to minimise our impact on the earth’s climate. We are proud to have become a Partner of Size of Wales, a charity which aims to protect an area of rainforest twice the size of Wales! With your help, we hope to support them by raising money and awareness of the charity and their work.
* Where possible we try to arrange flight-shares for artists and limit the number of artists on long haul flights each year, to try to minimise carbon-heavy transportation.
* We have recycling on site at freerotation
* Our food caterer, No Bones Jones, sells high quality vegetarian and vegan food, their vehicles run on biodiesel, and their lights and coffee machine are run on batteries charged by solar power.
* Dave’s tea tent offers and locally produced cakes with vegan and gluten free options, and fair trade teas and coffees in re-useable mugs.
* We’re pleased to say that Baskerville Hall heat the hot water and swimming pool, and heat the building with a biomass boiler and over 120 solar thermal panels.
* Through our Cinema, Freero Kino, on our website, and at our party, we hope to share information, actions and inspiration, to help achieve personal and planetary wellbeing. We are many, and together we can really make a difference.